I got tired of going hoarse screaming at the television, computer monitor, and radio, so I decided to start a blog to share my illuminating thoughts and reflections on life in the modern world with all of you, or with my mom, because I think she might be the only one who ever sees this. I love creative writing, so this is a place to share my short stories and novel ideas, as well. My dream is to be a professional writer, but I think that is a dream shared by many of us here.
I live in the Atlanta, GA area with my husband and sweet rescue pup, Quinn, who was rescued from an animal control shelter with a high kill rate.
Quinn is the inspiration for one of my short stories, “Girls’ Best Friend.”
I just finished my first novel during NaNoWriMo. The manuscript is up on Swoon Reads. It’s completely free to read! Check it out and give me a rating!
BONUS ROUND – 6 Facts about Me:
1. I read ravenously, probably not much of a surprise. My favorite book of 2014 was Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I found myself missing the characters after I was done, wondering what they would be up to now. Sign of a great book.
My favorite books of 2015 were:
- To Kill A Mockingbird – A classic that I can’t believe it took me this long to read. I’ve never read a book that captures childhood so perfectly.
- Girl on the Train – A delicious mystery told by an unreliable narrator, set in the place that I should have been born, the UK. Love it.
- Rescue Me, Maybe – Words can’t express how much I love this book. A story of a young widow who copes with her grief and learns about unconditional love from the abandoned dog that finds her. A beautiful story with a great message and a lovely, hopeful ending. What could be better?
- 32 Candles – The main character, Davie Jones, is a little kooky, and I love her for it. A heartfelt, bittersweet rom-com about finding your happy ending a little later than you intended.
- Brooklyn – This one I was prompted to read because I heard raves about the movie version, though I hear the movie changes the ambiguous ending that I loved so much about the book. A poignant story about a girl torn between two worlds. Beautifully written and stays with you long after it’s over.
2. I once missed a day of work to finish watching season 2 of House of Cards (shhh….).
3. My favorite movie is The Princess Bride.
4. Robin Wright is one of my favorite actresses (obviously, see 2 and 3).
5. I always wanted to write a YA series loosely based on my dramatic teen years. Working on the beginnings of one now, which you’ll catch glimpses of on my blog.
6. If I don’t have a new book to read, I feel empty. Right now I’m reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower, so I can finally watch the movie, which has been sitting on my dresser for months.
UPDATE – Finished Wallflower and loved it. Fell in love with the film as well!
So, that’s me in a nutshell. Tell me about you and your blog! See you in the comments (I hope)!