So, according to my Goodreads Year In Books, I read 39 books in 2015. It’s so hard to pick a favorite this time. The clear favorite of 2014 was Fangirl, but this year I think there are a lot of contenders. So, I think I’ll go with a top five.
- To Kill A Mockingbird – A classic that I can’t believe it took me this long to read. I’ve never read a book that captures childhood so perfectly.
- Girl on the Train – A delicious mystery told by an unreliable narrator, set in the place that I should have been born, the UK. Love it.
- Rescue Me, Maybe – Words can’t express how much I love this book. A story of a young widow who copes with her grief and learns about unconditional love from the abandoned dog that finds her. A beautiful story with a great message and a lovely, hopeful ending. What could be better?
- 32 Candles – The main character, Davie Jones, is a little kooky, and I love her for it. A heartfelt, bittersweet rom-com about finding your happy ending a little later than you intended.
- Brooklyn – This one I was prompted to read because I heard raves about the movie version, though I hear the movie changes the ambiguous ending that I loved so much about the book. A poignant story about a girl torn between two worlds. Beautifully written and stays with you long after it’s over.
3 thoughts on “Books of 2015”
Sounds like some really good books! Thanks for the information. 🙂
Might have to check a few of these out myself. Thanks for the suggestions! 🙂
You’re very welcome 🙂